|Join Burnt Lake Outfitters on our trophy black bear hunts, whitetail deer rut hunts, mule deer & whitetail deer archery hunts and moose rut hunts
For hunters who bring their own firearms into Canada, a confirmed Non-Resident Firearm Declaration (CAFC 909) will serve as a licence and registration. The Non-Resident Firearms Declaration (CAFC 909), and it's continuation sheet (CAFC 909 EF) must be presented in triplicate, unsigned, to a Canada Customs officer at your first point of entry into Canada. There is a $50.00 CDN fee which is not included in the price of the hunt. For more information, phone 1-800-731-4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or download the forms here: http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca
Make sure all weapons are properly set up before the hunt to minimize any problems that may arise. Contact us in person to insure your bring a large enough caliber rifle or bow set up. We will be happy to assist you in any way.
Attention Black Bear Rifle Hunters:
When hunting black bear over bait, shots are 20 to 40 yards max. So it is very important that you set up your rifle accordingly:
- Use all lead bullets that are really slow out of the muzzle and are consistent.
- Slowing the bullet down allows it to mushroom properly at close range.
- Most big calibers do very little damage at close range if using a fast load.
- When using a scope make sure you can properly focus at close range. Using high power scopes tend not to work well in the bush,
- I recommend using a good quality 3x9 scope that gathers good light and performs well at close range.
- Being confident with your setup is very important. Please call ahead of the hunt and I will be happy to answer any questions to help you prepare for the hunt.
Please contact me if you have questions about our hunts or how we can customize a hunt for you.
Burnt Lake Outfitters
Phone: 780-939-6831 or Cell: 780-221- 2825